Skin Rejuvenation with Dry Brushing
Skin is the largest organ in the body and provides external support and protection, regulates temperature, as well as eliminates waste. This is why it is important to keep your skin in optimal health. In the winter, cold and dry weather can wreak havoc on your skin. It is common to experience dry and flaking skin that is difficult to keep moisturized. So what are some natural solutions to keeping your skin healthy in the winter? The solution may be as simple as incorporating dry skin brushing into the daily routine. Dry brushing is a technique used to remove dead skin cells from the top layer of skin with a bristled brush. The brush can be purchased at a drug store or a health food store.
Here is how to do it:
- Dry brush in the morning before showering
- Begin with the right foot and work upwards to the buttock in a circular motion
- Repeat on the left foot, leg and buttock
- Brush in a clockwise direction over the abdomen
- Brush in figure eight pattern over the chest
- Brush over the neck in upward strokes towards the head
- Gently brush over the cheeks, forehead, nose and the chin downward towards the heart
- Continue to right arm then the left arm with strokes towards the body trunk
The process takes 3-5 minutes and can be done every two or three days. With dry skin brushing, you are increasing blood circulation on the surface of the skin and keeping it toned and rejuvenated. Give it a try and let me know how you feel!