Chocolate Chia Mousse Recipe
Do you love dessert? Who doesn’t! My favorite treat after hard day at work is a rich chocolate mousse…the clean version of course! No need to feel guilty about this recipe. You can make it vegan and dairy free if you choose, the recipe is quite flexible. Chia seeds deliver a nice dose of protein that you need to keep your energy up! Just six ingredients that you probably already have and only five minutes to make.
Ingredients (1 serving)
- 2/3 Avocado (remove pits and seed)
- 2 2/3 teaspoons of Cocoa Powder
- 1 1/3 tablespoons of nut butter (eg. almond, cashew, peanut)
- 2 2/3 tablespoons of unsweetened milk (eg. dairy, almond)
- 1 1/3 teaspoons of Maple Syrup or liquid Stevia
- 1 ½ teaspoons of chia seeds
Combine in a food processor and blend to smooth consistency. Garnish with berries, chopped nuts or toasted coconut flakes.
Dr. Anna ND